Tuesday 1 April 2014

Artist: Ellsworth Kelly, Plant Drawings.









One of the foremost artists of today is, Ellsworth Kelly (American, born 1923) may be best known for his rigorous abstract painting, but he has made figurative drawings throughout his career, creating an extraordinary body of work that now spans six decades. There has never been a major museum exhibition dedicated exclusively to the plant drawings. The selection of approximately eighty drawings begins in 1948 during Kelly's early sojourn in Paris and continues throughout his travels to his most recent work made in upstate New York.

My final major project is called 'A day in the life of a lily' it follows the life a lily from before the flower opens up to when it withers and dies. I will be recording all stages of the life with photograph, different types of printing onto fabric, paper etc. I will be taking the flower on a personal journey with myself, recording its life until it dies, I will also press the flower at different stages, its certainly going to be a beautiful journey. I will use my instax mini to record visually. When creating my print and drawn outcomes Ellsworth Kelly is someone to take inspiration from, creating negative prints are just as successful as non negative and detailed prints. 

1 comment: