Tuesday 4 March 2014

Nigella Lawson For April Vogue - The Real Woman Behind The Cover



NIGELLA LAWSON is this month's Vogue cover star. Reclining in a jade green lace Burberry Prorsum dress, the chef wears only very minimal make-up on the April cover.
"I was terrified of being photographed without make-up," Lawson says in the piece, "and I hate having my looks talked up.  It always makes me feel I'm going to be a disappointment in the flesh." 
A long-time contributor to Vogue magazine - Lawson had started writing a cookery column for Vogue in 1995 - she has this year added judging other people's cookery to her already bulging CV, with a panel slot on food show The Taste. But the author and chef says she may soon expand into another field entirely.
Original article can be found here
"I love what I do, but there are other parts of my brain that I haven't flexed in a .professional way," she said. "I do sometimes think that I've let the more analytical part of my brain slump slightly. I do like writing about food, but there's so much that interests me... I've been working - in a cottage-industry way - on an app, which, if it works, could be deeply thrilling.


No comments:

Post a Comment