Tuesday 22 October 2013

Casting Resin.

I mixed up clear resin for each of my molds because the color I was working with was white. Once the resin was mixed up it was then evenly poured into each of the molds, under the extraction unit because of the fumes. Gloves were also used when pouring resin, as the chemicals are very harmful on the skin.
I left the resin to dry and a week later I removed them from the molds. At this point they were thoroughly dried, trying to remove them from the molds was very difficult and took some time, also one of my resin samples broke a little and had to be super glued back together. If I was repeat this process again I would certainly make sure I took more care when taking my finished resin pieces out of each of the molds because breaking them at this point is disappointing and it proved hard work trying to glue it back together because it was so fragile.  





I placed all 3 of my resin pieces onto black paper. I then went on to create a frame to place them in.


No comments:

Post a Comment