Tuesday 22 October 2013

Press Mold

 I made sure each of my objects were coated in a thin layer of oil before i placed them into the clay. Once I had placed all of my objects in the clay, I then created walls with the clay making sure that when the plaster is poured none of it can escape.


I mixed up a bucket of plaster and poured it over my mold then left it to dry.
The finished mold was then sanded down and cut using the band saw, and sander.

I’m happy with how my plaster mold turned out; the shapes of each of my objects were molded well. The only disadvantage is that I think I could of used a larger variety of objects, we created these molds first returning back to college after summer and I didn’t really have a greasy variety of objects collected which really let down some of my final outcomes in different areas. I’ve now started collecting more objects and have a stronger collection to now work with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment