Monday 16 June 2014

Flower Wall.






How I displayed my work in FMP is something I have come to realise as very important. Being a passionate fashion individual who wants to go onto fashion at university level it is important that I realise and understand styling and the use of space. I used FMP as my opportunity to take advantage of this and show how I am able to take pieces of work and transform them into a working space, a space that is conversational and compliments the work put up. Visual merchandising is something that interests me so working with space and making work looks it's best is something I will be having to learn to do. So using my outcomes I used the space to the best of my advantage, spending time arranging my work in different ways and angles. I looked at things like scale and shape, I wanted my work to be at one scale and not to confusing. I choose my work specifically, I didn't want to over power anything and take the light of any of the pieces, this meant I had to narrow my prints down a lot so I was only left with a select few, but it worked. This shows my keen eye for being able to style work naturally in order for it to look the best it can be. FMP is also an opportunity for your work to be noticed and maybe bought, I also took this into consdiderstion when displaying my work, just like when you visual merchandise something in a shop window. I saw my boards as my show window and my work as my items. 

No comments:

Post a Comment