Monday 16 June 2014

Luisa Chillida Ingeborg




Luisa is a monotype print artist, she uses both mixed media in her work, she uses the plant form and paper to create her outcome, she chooses not to draw into it but simply capture the beauty of real life source instead. I've decided to look at her as an artist because her work has a conversation with mine in many ways, when I first saw her exhibits I was blown away with her media, I think real life plants and print go together like a duck into water, it certainly really works. The ink is washed back and the plant is brought forward almost as if it's on a pedistall. I created my monotypes by drawing into card first, I drew from my primary sourced flowers and countinued to use them throughout. I then ink up my card and worked it into the marks I had made, monotype is more about removing the ink than adding it. Using a metal plate I removed excess ink and then using variations of tools from cotton buds and cloth I started mark making in different areas, making sure I wasnt taking to much ink off but still capturing the beauty of the drawing. My outcomes were so beatiful I used both the card and the finished prints for my final show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment