Monday 23 June 2014

Going into fashion at university level making and styling would then automatically make people think that my fmp show would be about crating and Making my own garments. As I have never really had any practise within dress making and I am personally not the best person at textiles, it seems like far to much of a jump to go straight into a subject that I am not good at, with all techniques and processes within art and design you learn and progress but for me dress making is far to much of a leap for me to of taken. It would of made Fmp more of struggle than an enjoyment for me. I also personally don't think that I had the right sources and guidelines at college to be able to carry it certain techniques anyway. I felt like the guidance to create this work wasn't really available for me. So I choose to use my situation to my advantage, I deviced to go the best way about it and create fine art orientated outcomes. This then allows me to not only strengthen my skills in fine art which is very important in any aspect of design, but also create outcome that can be late taken and printed onto garments. All of my outcomes are diverse, and print making is very popular within fashion, it is used for interior dresses, etc.. All of initial design ideas I feel could become things like garments or even tea towels and interior based furniture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment