Friday 1 November 2013

Casting Resin Evaluation.

I have worked with casting resin in a lot of previous projects and it is not one of my favourite type of materials to work with but during this project the castings were very successful. Some of the items I decided to cast was a reel of string taken from a sewing machine an old white palette knife and a tube of white paint, my favourite part of this vacuum forming samples was the reel of string from the sewing machine, you can really see the detail of the string and it showed in the resin cast. One the day of vacuum forming my objects I had forgot to bring them in, so I had to search for the studios for white objects. I only came up with three this later affected my final outcome because I do not think they looked as good in the wooden frame as they did like the others. I wish I had vacuum formed at least 4 objects so that they would of looked much better in the final frame piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment