Friday 1 November 2013

Clay Sample Pieces. Experimenting With Glazes.

Before I glazed my final bowl I had to be positive with what glazes and underglazrs I wanted to place on it, its all part of the practise and development to make samples pieces first so that I am certain with what I want to go with.
My final bowl piece has a carved drawing of a open hand containing some of my white objects. I chose this design because I though it was different and during this project I spent a lot of time holding and carrying around my collection so I thought this was a good idea because it showed the relationship I had with my objects.



For the above sample I used a underglaze pen. This was not something I think worked well because it was messy and ruined the outcome. The design was much better when it was minimal and I should of kept it that way. I placed clear glaze over the top which I like. This tester piece would of worked if I didn't use the underglaze pen, so its not something I want to take forward and use on my final piece.

I only used one glaze for this and as you can see its coloured. Its a light purple, I like this design but don't think I will be using the light purple as my chosen colour because I find it far to subtle. I like the words white stuff and I think I will bring that forward for my final design. 



I placed my final sample pieces onto black paper and took several pictures using my Iphone. I placed them upon black paper so it would bring out the colours used and they look far more presentable this way.







No comments:

Post a Comment