Friday 1 November 2013

Porcelain Nail Vanish.




During ceramics we worked with a new material that I have not ever worked with before. This was porcelain. I had to choose one of the objects to recreate with the porcelain. I decided I wanted to concentrate and try to recreate one of my nail vanishes. I found working with porcelain very difficult first all it was extremely dry and kept cracking and I found it almost impossible to try to create my object, so I went on and added water all the way through the making process because it was continuously drying up. It took over two hours for me to just create this small nail vanish. 

 I am not fond of working with porcelain it wouldn't have been my chosen material I would of much rather of used clay as I find it far easier to mold with. As a final outcome I think this is not as strong as I would have hoped it would be, but after I sanded it for a few minutes I think as a piece it is rather successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment